This is not your ordinary salmon recipe! It’s the perfect dish for those moments when you’re craving a flavorful meal that’s quick and easy to make. Juicy pomegranate seeds make a fall-inspired salsa recipe that deliciously complements perfectly seared salmon filets.
- 4 salmon filets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 avocado, diced
- Seeds of one large pomegranate
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 small jalepeno, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine pomegranate, avocado, onion, jalepeno, honey, lime juice, cilantro, mint, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Let the salsa chill in the refrigerator to marinate while you cook the salmon.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Sprinkle salmon filets with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Cook the salmon skin side up for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and flip the filets. Continue cooking about 4 minutes more.
- Top the salmon with the salsa and garnish with additional cilantro and lime juice to taste.