Couscous is a rewarding dish that definitely doesn’t get enough credit. The dish is simple and quick to prepare while its versatility is unmatched. You can combine it with some meat, throw in some veggies, or just add spices and it’ll still taste great. Thanks to this, you will never get bored of eating it.
Now that we convinced you to hop on the couscous train let’s check out this easy and tasty couscous recipe that will blow you away and make you return to the dish times and times again.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 orange
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 leafs of chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
1. Prepare the couscous. The easiest way to do it is to add couscous to a heatproof bowl and add enough boiling water to cover it completely. You can also use vegetable stock instead of water for enhanced flavor.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it to rest for around 10 minutes. Afterward, take a fork and mix the couscous to separate the grains.
3. Cut the chicken breast into cubes. Cook them in a pan on medium heat for around 10 minutes.
4. After the chicken breast cubes are cooked, transfer them to a bowl. Add mint, pistachios, olive oil, vinegar, and orange, which you’ve previously peeled and sliced.
5. Combine the couscous with the rest of the ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Mix thoroughly and dig in!