A grilled cheese sandwich is one of those classic dishes that never gets boring. You can always switch things up, customize it, and make it exciting without ruining the original formula.
If you are looking to step up your grilled cheese game or simply try something different, then kimchi grilled cheese is just the thing you need. Here is how to make it.
- 2 slices of plain white sandwich bread
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup drained kimchi
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Add butter to a large non-stick pan or a skillet over medium heat and let it melt. Next, add kimchi and just have it heat up for a few minutes. Don’t forget to stir.
- Move the kimchi to one side of the pan to make room for bread. Spread mayonnaise on each slice and place them mayo-down in the pan.
- Top the bread slices with even amounts of shredded Cheddar.
- Once the cheese has melted, top one slice of the bread with kimchi and stack the second slice on top of it.
- Gently press with a spatula and leave it until the bottom side gets brown. Flip the grilled cheese sandwich and cook until the other side is also brown and crusty.
- Slice diagonally, and dig in!