When you go out for burgers or a sandwich and come home with way too many fries, sometimes it might seem like they’ll go to waste. Fries aren’t so easy to re-crisp and cold fries are not very pleasant to eat. Luckily with this recipe, you can eat them for breakfast! Lots of hashes use crispy potatoes and since French fries are already cooked and breaded they will crisp up better than fresh potatoes.
- Leftover fries, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 Diced onion
- 1/2 Diced bell pepper (or to taste)
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- A Bit of minced jalapeño
- 2 Or 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Anything else you like, like cubed ham, chopped sausage or seitan, cooked sweet potatoes, or finely-chopped tomatoes
- Start by frying your onions until they’re translucent.
- Add garlic and jalapeño followed by french fries, bell pepper, and your other mix-ins.
- Saute until the fries are crispy, then salt and pepper.
- Finally it’s time for the eggs! You can make divots in the hash and fry your eggs in them to your desired yolk consistency, or you can push everything to the side of the pan and scramble the eggs alongside.