If you’re looking for a new go-to cake recipe, this olive oil cake is just what you want.
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 112 grams of extra-virgin olive oil+extra for greasing
- 120 grams of whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour+extra for the tin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring the eggs to room temperature and then crack them into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add in the sugar and whisk on high for 30 seconds.
- Bring the speed down to low and slowly drizzle in the olive oil, followed by the milk, and then the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Turn the mixer off and combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk well so everything is combined, and with the mixer on low, spoon the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Stop to scrape down the sides and mix on low until everything is just combined.
- Take an 8 inch round tin and grease it using olive oil, and then use a little bit of flour just to lightly dust the pan.
- Pour in the batter into the tin and bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes.
- Let it cool in the tin for 5 minutes, take it out and cool it completely on a wire rack and enjoy!