Making pizza at home may sound intimidating, but we promise this recipe is worth it! Featuring both fresh and shredded mozzarella cheese, this meal packs tons of flavor even while using store-bought dough. A simple, garlicky sauce instead of classic marinara allows the freshness of the toppings to truly shine through.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp red chili flakes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 zucchini
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 500F.
- Finely chop the garlic and basil. Mix it in a small bowl with the olive oil, lemon, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice the zucchini and artichoke hearts into small pieces.
- Stretch the dough onto a sheet pan and flatten it using a rolling pin.
- Spread the dough with the garlic mixture, leaving space for the crust.
- Add the cheeses, zucchini, and artichoke.
- Bake the pizza for about 12 minutes (or until golden brown crust forms).
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with thinly sliced avocado.