Waffles can be prepared in many different ways—you can make them sweet and combine them with fruits and chocolate, or serve a savory Greek-style variant with vegetables like this delicious example.
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tbs pepper
- 1 large tomato
- 2 tbsp scallion, diced
- 1 cucumber
- 1 ½ tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 F. Place a baking sheet with a wire rack over it into the oven. Let the waffle iron heat up adequately.
- Whisk the flour and the baking soda together in a large bowl and add salt.
- Mix the eggs and the yogurt in a smaller bowl, and then add them to the mix of dry ingredients while stirring.
- Apply a non-stick cooking spray on the waffle iron and add ¼ to ½ cup of butter to every section of it.
- Add a scoop of the mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes. Repeat this with the remaining butter and mixture.
- Serve them with cucumbers, tomatoes, scallion, parsley, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and/or pepper.