If you’re looking to get protein without adding meat or tuna into your salad, you should try this chickpea salad. It’s loaded with fresh vegetables, feta cheese, and a citrusy lemon dressing. It’s super easy to make and it’ll keep you satisfied for hours. Here’s how to make it.
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 15 oz chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese, diced
- Combine 3 Tbs olive oil, 3 Tbs lemon juice, 1 pressed garlic clove, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper and whisk together to combine for the dressing.
- Combine remaining chickpea salad ingredients in a salad bowl and add dressing to taste. Toss and coat the salad with the dressing.