Is it just us, or does fall just make you want to start eating only warm things out of a bowl? Especially on those days when cooking feels like too big of an undertaking, a one-pot dish, like this lentil and chickpea curry, is the perfect way to have a filling, delicious and easy meal.
The chickpeas and lentils provide you with protein that’s filling, and there’s enough to have leftovers the next day. Plus, it’s vegan, so it’s perfect for everyone.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 bell pepper (yellow or green works best)
- 1 yellow onion
- ½ spicy pepper
- Diced ginger
- Diced garlic (3-4 cloves)
- 1 16 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 1 16 oz can of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a pot. Add the onion and peppers and cook until they are soft.
- Add the diced ginger, garlic, and pepper to the oil for about 30 seconds. Then add the seasonings to the pot and stir for one minute.
- Add the can of tomatoes, coconut milk, chickpeas, and lentils, mixing all together. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and check after 20 minutes to see if the lentils are soft. If not, cover and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and cool for 10 minutes. Serve over rice.