Just because fall is over and the weather is beginning to get warm again, doesn’t mean you need to forget about the heartwarming drinks that make us love the cooler months.
Pumpkin spice lattes are the definition of a hug in a cup. However, coffee shops and cafes often fill their PSL’s with tons of sugar and additives, making what could be a healthy drink into an overpriced, processed product. This recipe teaches you how to make a PSL in the comfort of your own home with natural ingredients and using only one pot.
- 1 cup milk (can use almond, soy or coconut milk instead)
- 2 1/2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground clove
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 shot espresso
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the milk to a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add pumpkin puree and all of the spices.
- Whisk or stir until smooth.
- Add the espresso shot and whisk until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the flavor as needed, adding more coffee, maple syrup or spices if you feel it needs it.