Vegan mac and cheese is such a great alternative to regular mac and cheese for so many reasons. It has a lot of actual good for you ingredients, but all the taste of regular mac and cheese.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of nut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 5 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 pound of cooked pasta
- Begin by heating the oven to 400 F. Drizzle some olive oil onto 3 of the garlic cloves and roast them for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up a pan over medium heat and pour in olive oil.
- Mince the last clove of garlic and once the oil is heated, put it into the pan and cook it for 20-30 seconds. Have your flour at the ready because the garlic will cook quickly.
- Pour in the flour and whisk. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and whisk continuously to create a smooth sauce.
- Then, pour the sauce into a blender with the salt, pepper, roasted garlic, nutritional yeast, and turmeric. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, stir to coat, and cook for 2-3 minutes to make sure everything is incorporated nicely.
- Serve right away and enjoy!