Brisket cooked in an Instant Pot is ready in a fraction of the time than brisket cooked in the oven, and it always comes out tender and delicious.
- 1 (3-4 pound) beef brisket, large fat pieces trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pat the brisket dry with a paper towel and season with salt, pepper, thyme, and paprika.
- Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot on the Saute setting until simmering.
- Sear the brisket for 5 minutes on each side. Set it aside on a plate.
- Add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in the garlic, water, brown sugar, wine, and ketchup.
- Return the brisket to the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid on and seal the pressure valve. Pressure cook on high for one hour.
- Let the pressure release naturally when it’s done.
- Transfer the brisket to a cutting board and slice against the grain. Serve with onions and sauce.