This drink is incredibly pretty and delicious but also packs a powerful prebiotic punch because of the tiger nuts, which are actually tiny root vegetables. If you can’t get them, replace them with unsoaked coconut flakes or any other nut or seed of your choosing.
- 1 cup tiger nuts
- 8 cups filtered water, divided
- ½ cup dried hibiscus flowers
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soak the tiger nuts in 4 cups of filtered water for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Do the same in another container with the hibiscus flowers.
- Drain the tiger nuts, and throw away the soaking liquid. Place them in a high-speed blender.
- Drain the hibiscus flower liquid into the blender, then either discard or compost the remaining flowers.
- Blend the mixture on high until it is completely smooth. This will take a minute or two.
- Strain the mixture through cheesecloth.
- Stir in the honey and vanilla, and serve poured over ice.