Fruit salad may seem like a simple dish to make, but when the combination of flavors, textures, and colors is just right, your fruit salad can be elevated from a simple pudding to a truly decadent dessert. Check out these three recipes, all of which offer unique flavor combinations and stunning colors.
Kiwi, Mango, and Lime
Ingredients (to serve 4):
- 4 kiwi fruit
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 lime
- Mixed seeds
- 1/5 cup of apple juice
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds
- Peel and cube the mangoes
- Peel and slice the kiwi fruit
- Zest the lime and juice it
- Mix the fruit in a bowl, scatter over the mixed seeds and pomegranate seeds
- Pour over the apple juice, mix through well, and serve.
Pineapple, Coconut, and Papaya
- 1 pineapple
- ½ cup of fresh coconut, cubed
- 1 papaya
- 1 banana
- ½ cup of fresh orange juice
- Prepare the pineapple, carefully peeling off the tough skin and removing the core.
- Prepare the papaya by peeling it and scraping out the seeds
- Slice the pineapple, papaya, and banana into small pieces
- Mix all of the fruit together in a bowl, pour over the orange juice, mix well, and serve.
Pear and Apple
- 2 pears
- 2 apples
- ½ cup of raspberries
- ¼ cup of mixed pumpkin seeds
- Cut the pear and apple into thin slices
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and serve.