Lemon cake is such a refreshing baked good to have, especially when it starts getting hot outside. This cake is not only delicious and easy to make, it’s also totally vegan! The texture is just perfect, and it all comes together in less than hour. You just can’t beat it!
- For the dry ingredients, mix up 225 grams of all purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Whisk together until it’s all combined.
- In a separate bowl, add in 275 grams of coconut milk, 150 grams of sugar, 150 ml of vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Zest in the skin of 2 lemons, and squeeze in 3 tablespoons of juice, which is about the juice of 1 lemon.
- Stir the wet ingredients until well combined and then pour them into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a springform cake pan or whatever kind of pan you have, and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- After the cake bakes, let it cool while you make a simple glaze. All you have to do is combine powdered sugar with lemon juice until it’s a runny enough to pour over the cake. You can also garnish with candied lemons or more lemon zest.