Egg salad is a picnic classic that people of all ages enjoy all-year-round. However, it’s traditionally made with a lot of mayonnaise, which makes it pretty unhealthy. Luckily you can make this healthier version that uses no mayo at all, and includes extra healthier little bits that keep it light and fresh.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs plus the whites of 2 more hard-boiled eggs
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- a handful of either fresh dill, parsley, or chives
- Make all 6 hard boiled eggs and allow them to cool.
- Peel them and separate the yolk from two of them.
- Roughly chop the egg whites and egg yolks and put them in a bowl.
- Dice up the three stalks of celery and finely chop whatever herbs you decide to use.
- Throw into the bowl all of the rest of the ingredients, including the herbs and celery and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste and you’re done!
- Serve on a piece of good whole grain bread, in lettuce wraps, or on its own as a side dish at any get-together.