Tempeh is a great vegan protein that absorbs whatever flavor you give it, so why not spice it up with this Asian-inspired marinade!
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of gochujang or another type of chili paste
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 8 oz package of tempeh
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Start by peeling and grating the ginger into a medium-sized bowl.
- Peel and mince or grate the garlic clove into the bowl as well.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients except for the tempeh and olive oil.
- Mix everything really well so it’s a well-incorporated sauce.
- Then, chop the tempeh into small cubes and add them into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Toss the tempeh well so it soaks up all the flavors and then chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- In a pan on medium-high heat, pour in the olive oil and let it heat up.
- Then, pour in the tempeh along with the sauce.
- Cook the tempeh for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has reduced and the tempeh is nice and golden.