There is a famous scene in Miss Congeniality when Miss Rhode Island is asked to describe her perfect date. “April 25th,” she says, “because it’s not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.” While that is a solid answer, this is our idea of perfect dates!
- 10 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or nut butter of your choice
- ¼ cup of chopped or crushed peanuts
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Cut a slit in each date and remove the pit.
- Fill each date with nut butter (about ½ teaspoon) and a sprinkle of crushed peanuts. Set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate and the coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 15-second increments, stirring between each. It shouldn’t take longer than 1-2 minutes total.
- Using a toothpick, dip each date into melted chocolate and use a spoon to coat the date until completely covered. Place the chocolate-covered date on a platter lined with parchment. Sprinkle the remaining crushed peanuts on top of each date.
- Place the dates in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set, and enjoy.