We’ve all heard of the cruffin. The croissant-muffin love child popped up on the scene in 2013, but it’s 2023 and we’re all about the donut muffin. Squidgy donuts in muffin form? Yes, please!
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
- Mix half a cup of sugar, a quarter cup of margarine, and the nutmeg together in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the flour and baking powder until just combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each until half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the tops of the muffins are light golden brown. Remove them from the oven and transfer to a wire rack.
- Pour the remaining melted margarine into a bowl, and mix the rest of the sugar and cinnamon together in another bowl.
- Dip the top of each warm muffin in the melted margarine, then into the sugar mixture to coat. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.