This Asian-style pork belly is sweet, savory, and super comforting, and tastes good over plain noodles or rice for an easy yet delicious meal.
- 20 oz of lean pork belly
- 5 cups of water
- 4 slices of ginger
- 1 green onion
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of light and dark soy sauce each
- 3 tablespoons of rice wine
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and cube up the pork belly.
- Add it to the water with ginger, garlic, and pork, and boil for 4 minutes.
- Take out the pork, drain and dry it, and throw away the other ingredients in the pot.
- Dry the pot, turn the heat to high, and add in the oil.
- Cook the pork until it’s brown, reduce the heat to low, and add in the sugar. Melt it and coat the pork in it.
- Pour in both soy sauces along with the rice wine, stir for 5-10 minutes until the liquid has reduced to a thick glaze, and then add the last cup of water.
- Stir everything, cover it, and let it simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir the pork a few times until the sauce is totally thick and glossy, and you’re ready to eat.