If we had to choose the most reliable vegetable, we have to go with the cucumber. Its crisp, refreshing and crunchy texture is the perfect addition to any meal, and this spicy cucumber snack is no exception.
Cut your cucumbers in an accordion style and cover them in a fun Asian-inspired sauce, and enjoy this deliciously spicy and delightful cucumber salad, perfect as a side for any meal.
@thatfoodiejess spicy asian cucumber salad 🥒 #foodie #easyrecipes #cucumber #chillioil #chinesefood #foodtiktok #foryou ♬ 20 cm slowed down – ary 𖧵
- 6 mini cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or more if you’re a garlic girl like us)
- Black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or chili oil)
- Red pepper flakes
- We prefer our cucumbers to be cut in an accordion style. To achieve this, place your cucumber in between two chopsticks. Cut your cucumber vertically until the knife hits the chopsticks. Then, flip your cucumber over, place between the chopsticks, and cut at a diagonal angle. This should result in an accordion-like cut when you pull them apart. Repeat for all of the cucumbers.
- Mix together the rest of your ingredients in a separate bowl. Start with these measurements, but feel free to add less or more depending on your preferences.
- Pour the sauce over the cucumbers, covering them evenly. Let them marinate for at least 30 minutes, or even leave them to marinate overnight.