In the world of social media and food trends, certain snacks have a way of taking Instagram by storm, thanks to their delicious taste, ease of preparation, and, most importantly, their impressive nutritional profile. One such snack that has captured the attention of health-conscious Instagram users is the humble chickpea, transformed into a crave-worthy snack in a few simple steps.
Let’s take a look at the recipe.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch (optionally for extra crispiness )
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add all the ingredients to a bowl. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200C. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and spread the chickpeas in a single layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes, moving them around on the tray 1-2 times while in the oven to give it an even roast. Remove from the oven and let it cool. Enjoy!
- What’s great about this recipe and why it became so popular on Instagram is it really takes a minimum of time to prepare. Plus, it’s a great substitute for chips and other less healthy crunchy snacks.