When you’re settling down for a movie night, you want some great snacks within easy reach of the sofa. For many people, popcorn is the ultimate movie night snack, but if you’re looking for alternatives, check out this list of easy, satisfying snacks.
Chocolate Dipped Rice Cakes
Crunchy like popcorn, and relatively healthy, these rice cake snacks are easy to make. This recipe makes six rice cakes, enough for two people.
- 6 rice cakes
- 1 cup of chocolate
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Melt the chocolate, in a microwave or using the bain-marie method.
- Take each rice cake and dip half of it in the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if using.
- Lay out a sheet of greaseproof paper to cool, you can pop them in the fridge to speed up this process.
Fire up movie night with this tasty snack.
- Tablespoon of wasabi (or horseradish paste)
- 1 cup of cooked peas or broad beans
- Mix the wasabi paste with a tablespoon of your choice of oil and a sprinkling of salt.
- Coat the peas or beans with this mix, then place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, until crispy.
White Chocolate Pots
For a decadent addition to movie night, try these simple pots.
- 1 cup of white chocolate, broken into pieces
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of double cream
- 1 vanilla pod ¼ cup of butter
- Melt the butter, then cream the sugar and butter together.
- Add the vanilla seeds from the pod. Whip the cream until it is stiff and holds its shape.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or using the bain-marie method, allow to cool a little, before folding into the cream.
- Combine the cream and chocolate with the sugar mix, then decant into pots.
- Set in the fridge for several hours before serving.