This roasted carrot recipe has two of the most important characteristics of a good weekday dinner recipe. First, it’s easy to make, not requiring any unusual ingredients or too much of your time. And second, it’s so delicious that you’ll enjoy it as much as you might takeout. So, without further ado, check out the last roasted carrot recipe that you’ll ever need to try.
- 1 pound carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Cut your carrots into 3-inch pieces, cutting on the diagonal if you want to be fancy.
- Spread the cut carrots out on your baking sheet. Top with melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine and then sprinkle some salt on top.
- Bake the carrots until brown around the edges. This can take up to an hour, but keep checking your carrots every 20 minutes or so to give them a quick toss and see their status. They’ll be done once they’re super tender.
- Take them out, let cool a bit, and serve, adding another sprinkle of salt if desired.