Extra ripe bananas and decadent dark chocolate are a match made in heaven when it comes to this easy recipe for delicious, moist, and addictive banana bread.
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the melted butter, vanilla extract, sugars, sour cream, and mashed banana into a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Mix in the eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Slowly sprinkle in flour, baking soda and salt into the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown. The banana bread is ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool before serving.