Avocado toast may be thought of by many to be a trendy millennial favorite, but in our opinion, it’s a classic. You can eat it as a snack or as a meal, and it’s just as delicious as it is healthy. But if you’ve never made it before, don’t let the simple name fool you. Avocado toast should never just be avocado on plain toast. You need to dress it up a little to make it sing. Here is our recommendation for the best way to make avocado toast.
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 avocado
- A drizzle of tahini
- Garlic powder
- 1 tomato
- 1 lemon (optional)
- Toast your bread. It should be nice and golden brown.
- Cut your avocado in half and remove the pit. Use a spoon to scoop out the avocado flesh into a medium sized bowl. Add salt and garlic powder to taste.
- Use a fork or a potato masher to mash up the avocado. If the avocado isn’t very ripe and needs help getting soft, you can add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Use your fork to spread your avocado evenly onto your bread slices, covering it all the way up to the edges.
- Slice the tomato into thin slices. Add them on top of the avocado.
- Drizzle tahini over top of both slices.