We’re sure you had your fair share of hamburgers and hot dogs in your lie, so why not try a new burger? Salmon burgers are a healthier alternative to hamburgers and they pack on the taste. You’re going to love this salmon burger recipe!
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless salmon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup coarse bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- lemon wedges
- Tabasco sauce
- Cut the salmon into large chunks and put about a quarter of it into the container of a food processor with the mustard. Turn the machine on and let it run until it becomes a paste. Make sure to scrape the sides down if needed.
- Add the shallots and remaining salmon and pulse the machine on and off until the fish is chopped and combined with the puree. The pieces shouldn’t be bigger than 1/4 inch.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and stir in the bread crumbs, capers, salt, and pepper by hand.
- Shape it into four burgers.
- Put butter or oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. When it’s hot, cook the burgers for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, turning once. You can also grill them for about 4 minutes before turning them to the second side for another minute or two.
- To check if they’re done, make a small cut and look inside.
- Serve on greens or in a bun with lemon wedges and Tabasco.