If you haven’t tried sweet potato toasts yet, you are truly missing out. This tasty snack is quick and easy, made with thinly sliced sweet potato instead of bread slices. It’s perfect for anyone looking for a gluten-free, low calorie and nutritious option. They can also be made ahead for quick meal prep to snack on throughout the week. Sweet potato toast is also incredibly versatile. Just about everything that works with regular toast will taste delicious with sweet potato toast as well.
- 1 large sweet potato
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the ends of the sweet potato and then cut lengthwise into 1/2 slices.
- Arrange on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
You can go as creative as you want when it comes to the toppings, but here are some ideas to get you started:
- Peanut butter, banana, and chia seeds
- Avocado and poached egg
- Cream cheese and smoked salmon
- Tuna salad
- Roasted red pepper, green onions, and feta cheese
- Ricotta cheese, figs, and honey