Mushrooms are a versatile vegetable and can be paired with a variety of ingredients to make a delicious weeknight meal. They are really affordable as well, easy to prepare, and a go-to ingredient for those living the plant-based life. Keep reading for this savory, plant-based, mushroom burger, and thank us later!
- 4 large oyster or shitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoonTrader Joe’s umami spice blend or any other seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Burger buns
- Sliced vegan or dairy cheese of choice
- Burger toppings of choice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare your mushrooms with the spice blend and toss in balsamic and oil, cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes
- Slice and dice your onions to caramelize on the stove under a light flame
- Toast those buns
- Prepare your burger accordingly, add caramelized onions, melt the cheese on top, and add desired toppings.
- Serve with a salad or hand-cut sweet potato fries and enjoy!