Today, we’re diving into the world of green beans, those vibrant, crisp, and delightfully green veggies that have the power to transform any meal. But wait until you hear about this game-changing cooking method—it’s so good that once you try it, you’ll never want to prepare green beans any other way.
- 1 pound of fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A pinch of red pepper flakes (optional, for a little kick)
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Start by preheating your oven to 425°F (220°C). While the oven is heating up, take a moment to line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This will make clean-up a breeze.
- In a large bowl, toss the green beans with olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, salt, black pepper, and those optional red pepper flakes if you’re feeling adventurous. Make sure the green beans are evenly coated with this flavor-packed mixture.
- Spread the green beans in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet. This ensures that they roast evenly and get that lovely caramelization. Pop the sheet into the preheated oven.
- Roast the green beans for about 15–20 minutes, or until they become tender but still maintain their delightful crunch. Keep an eye on them, as ovens vary, and you don’t want to overcook them.
- Once your green beans have undergone their magical transformation in the oven, it’s time to sprinkle them with that heavenly Parmesan cheese. The heat from the beans will melt the cheese, creating a mouthwatering, cheesy crust.
- Plate up your roasted green beans, garnish them with a little extra lemon zest or a squeeze of lemon juice if you like, and serve them to your eager diners.