Summer is the perfect season for ice cream sandwiches. Try this recipe out and you’ll be hooked.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 oz all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened for 5 to 10 minutes
- 3 oz roughly chopped chocolate
- 4 oz cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz butter
- 2 oz granulated sugar
- Set the oven to 350 F degrees and prepare a 17 1/2 x 12-inch pan with paper.
- Combine the cocoa, salt, flour, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Start cooking the butter and chopped chocolate in intervals of 30 seconds for a minute and a half. Include the sugar and start mixing. When the sugar is completely gone you can add the eggs and vanilla.
- Now, combine the wet and dry ingredients together until you get a thick batter.
- Pour it in the baking sheet and leave it in the oven for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Take it out and let it cool down for half an hour minutes.
- Cut it into two halves. Get one half, add the ice cream on top, and cover it with the second half using a little pressure.
- Use plastic wrap to cover the whole sandwich and leave it in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours.
- When you take it out cut it into 12 pieces. These are the finished ice cream sandwiches ready to be served.