Soup is a great way to have a homemade meal that’s comforting and full of goodness. This simple recipe is the perfect balance of carb, veg, and protein, and is both vegan and gluten-free.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 pounds potatoes
- 2 large leeks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 30 ounces canned white beans
- 9 cups veg stock
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt (to taste)
- Chop the potatoes into 2-inch pieces and put them in a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil, add salt, and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot and chop the leeks into ½-inch thick discs. Add the leeks to the pot and season and add the thyme. Fry until soft.
- Once the leeks have softened, add the vinegar and stir until dissolved.
- Drain and rinse the cans of beans, and then add to the leeks.
- After 15 minutes, drain the potatoes. Add these and the veg stock to the leeks and beans, give it all a good stir, and then leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blitz it all up, adding more water if needed.
- Stir and heat for another 5 minutes. Season to taste and serve.