When you think about one of the most appetizing and nutritious foods of the summer, chances are that you might get a visual of something red.
Watermelon is one of the standard summer solutions to hydration and healthiness. When served as a salad with the richness of mint and feta, the watermelon becomes irresistible.
Here is a recipe for watermelon and mint salad. Add feta to set the standards for high-quality summer meals.
- Half kg of cut and seedless watermelon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 4 strips of zest removed with a sharp peeler
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 g fresh mint leaves
- Black pepper and kosher salt
- 110 g of feta cheese
- Put watermelon pieces in a bowl. Add lemon zest and lemon juice to taste.
- Add oil and mint. Mix until watermelon is dressed nicely.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. It is best to add less salt as feta also adds saltiness.
- Transfer ingredients onto a plate. Sprinkle feta on top and add leaves of mint. Serve.