Ever thought about giving strawberries a chocolate makeover? Well, it’s time to play matchmaker with these two lovebirds! Here’s a guide that will help you create a dessert that’s so good, you might just start hearing love songs in the background.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces of your favorite high-quality chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil or shortening (optional, for smoother chocolate)
- Toppings (optional): chopped nuts, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, or drizzled contrasting chocolate
- Start by washing the strawberries and drying them thoroughly.
- Chop the chocolate into small, even pieces for uniform melting. Use a double boiler or microwave to melt the chocolate. For a smoother consistency, add coconut oil or shortening to the chocolate while melting.
- Hold a strawberry by the stem and dip it into the melted chocolate, twirling gently to let the excess chocolate drip off. If you don’t have stems, use a toothpick.
- If using toppings, sprinkle them on the strawberries while the chocolate is still wet. You can also drizzle with a contrasting color of melted chocolate for an artistic effect.
- Place the dipped strawberries on a parchment-lined tray. Avoid touching them until the chocolate has completely set.
- Enjoy the strawberries the same day for the best taste and texture.