Goulash is a traditional Hungarian dish that has become popular in Central Europe in general. It’s a stew of meat and vegetables seasoned with spices, especially paprika. It’s rather easy to make and tastes delicious, so we highly recommend adding it to your dinner rotation. Here’s a recipe you can use to make it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups of uncooked elbow pasta
- Prepare your vegetables by dicing your onion and bell pepper and mincing your garlic.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the beef and cook until brown.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beef broth, salt, seasoning, paprika, and bay leaf. Combine.
- Stir in the elbow pasta and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Cook for 20 more minutes, stirring occasionally. The pasta should get tender.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.