Tahini (Middle Eastern sesame paste) is one of those wonder ingredients that makes all foods, sweet and savory, taste better! Here, it gives these cookies a delicious nutty flavor, enhanced by the salt and balanced by the honey. These tahini cookies are ridiculously moreish, easy to make, and packed with dreamy tahini goodness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (plus more for topping)
- ¾ cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey (or your preferred natural liquid sweetener)
- 1 cup high quality tahini
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and add the tahini, honey, and vegan butter.
- Mix gently and then use your hands to bring together the mixture in a loose dough. You can add a splash of plant-based milk if it feels too dry and crumbly. Do not over-mix or the cookies will be tough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized balls of the dough and place on the cookie sheet. Use a fork to flatter the ball gently and sprinkle with sesame seeds and a grind of sea salt.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes until they are golden brown and smell amazing!
- Leave to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy! These cookies are delicious with a dollop of Greek yogurt and some fresh raspberries!