Do you still have a leftover can of pumpkin puree from the pumpkin pie you made on Thanksgiving? Make these irresistible pumpkin spice pancakes that are a treat for the entire family. They come together quickly and give you instant warmth on a cold winter day.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk or milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil or butter for cooking
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Make sure to break apart all of the clumps of brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Melt the butter or heat oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Put 1/3 cup batter into the pan.
- Cook until the edges begin to brown and then flip to cook the other side.