Fans of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel have likely felt their mouth watering at least once during the show. The titular character is not just great at comedy, she’s also brilliant at making brisket. The slow-cooked flavorful meat practically has magical powers in the series, but don’t just take our word for it.
- 5-6 pounds brisket
- 3 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 x cans cranberry sauce
- 1 ½ cups red wine
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large pan, sauté sliced onions and garlic in oil until browned, and then remove from the pan.
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper, and sear in the same pan used for the onions and garlic.
- Once seared on all sides, add the onions and garlic under the brisket.
- Add in chili sauce, cranberry sauce, wine, and vinegar.
- Sprinkle the top of the brisket with brown sugar and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 3.5 hours, until the meat is falling apart.