Homemade pasta is such a special dish to make, but it actually takes very little time and only a few ingredients! If you really want to impress yourself, go ahead and try this awesome versatile pasta recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups of semolina flour
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 room temperature eggs, beaten slightly
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- First, put the semolina, all-purpose flour, beaten eggs, water, salt, and oil into a stand mixer with the dough hook attached. Knead on medium until the dough forms an elastic ball. If the dough seems too sticky, add more semolina. If it is too dry, add just a touch of water at a time.
- Once you can put your finger into it and have it spring back, the dough is ready. You can also check by cutting into it and checking for air bubbles since you really want very few.
- Cover the dough for 30 minutes to rest.
- Then, flour a surface, roll out the dough into a sheet, and cut it into your favorite pasta shapes.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes and you are ready to eat!