Butter, that golden elixir of the culinary world, has a secret. It can transform from a humble condiment into a flavor-packed superstar with just a little bit of love and creativity. Say goodbye to plain butter and prepare to embark on a journey into the world of homemade flavored butter! Let’s learn how to whip up a variety of delightful, aromatic, and utterly delicious flavored kinds of butter that will elevate your meals to the next level.
- 2 sticks of softened unsalted butter
- Your choice of flavorings
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened unsalted butter.
- If you’re using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt for flavor.
- Blend the butter and salt (if using) until smooth and creamy.
- Now, it’s time to add your chosen flavorings. Get creative with the recipes below!
- Once your flavored butter is thoroughly mixed, shape it into a log using plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until firm, then slice and use as needed.
Garlic Herb Butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (e.g., parsley, rosemary, thyme), finely chopped
Citrus Zest Butter
- Zest of one lemon, lime, or orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
Chili Lime Butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Zest of one lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
Sweet Honey Cinnamon Butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
Spicy Sriracha Butter
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- A dash of sesame oil