This is an easy and quick salad that provides excellent nourishment on hot summer days, while keeping you on the right path to your weight loss goals!
To prepare this dish you will need:
- ½ medium red onion
- 1 pound tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Flaky sea salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅓ medium English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh dill fronds and tender stems
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- black pepper
Cut the onion in thin pieces and put it in cold water for 10-15 minutes. Cut the tomatoes in medium pieces and put them in a different bowl. In another large bowl, put the garlic, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Then add olive oil while whisking until the mixture is well combined. Dry the onion with paper towels, and add the cucumber, olives, bell pepper, dill and mint. Mix it well and let it marinate for 10 minutes. Afterwards, add the tomatoes and feta and gently mix everything together. Add seasoning by taste.
Serve immediately and enjoy!