Miso soup isn’t only comforting, but also incredibly healthy for your gut. Miso contains lots of healthy probiotics making it a delicious and healthy option. Craving a comforting and nutritious bowl of miso soup but short on time? With this easy recipe, you can whip up a steaming bowl of homemade miso soup in just 10 minutes.
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of miso paste (white or red, depending on your preference)
- 1 sheet of nori (seaweed), cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup of diced tofu
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce (optional for added flavor)
- In a pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the diced tofu and sliced mushrooms. Let them simmer for 2-3 minutes until they become tender.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the miso paste in a small amount of hot water to create a smooth paste. This step prevents clumping when you add it to the soup.
- Toss in the nori strips and sliced green onions. If you prefer a saltier soup, add a teaspoon of soy sauce at this stage.
- Add the dissolved miso paste to the pot and stir gently to combine. Be careful not to boil the miso, as it can lose some of its flavor. It’s really important you put the heat on low and add the miso last so that the probiotics don’t die from the heat.
- Let the soup simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes to meld the flavors.
- Ladle the hot miso soup into bowls and enjoy your quick and delicious homemade miso soup!
Pro Tip: This simple recipe also works if you want to get fancy with it by adding other toppings like Bok Choy or noodles!