It might sound a little strange when you first hear about it, but chocolate sausage is actually a popular Russian dessert that is pretty dang yummy. And don’t worry; there’s no meat in it. It just sort of resembles a sausage. It’s pretty easy to make, so here is a recipe that you can try anytime you’re feeling like tasting something new.
- 14 ounces of tea cookies
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 hot milk
- Use a rolling pin or a food processor to grind the cookies and nuts into a crumbly texture.
- In a large bowl, mix cookie crumbs, ground walnuts, and the egg.
- In a saucepan, heat up butter. Add the milk, sugar, and cocoa. Stir until combined and continue heating until everything is evenly heated.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with the cookie and walnut mixture.
- Stir until combined into a relatively solid dough.
- Place clear plastic wrap onto your counter. On the plastic wrap, place dough in a roughly cylindrical shape. Using the plastic wrap to help you, roll until the dough is formed into an even log resembling a sausage. Wrap in the plastic wrap and cool in the freezer. You may have enough dough to make more than one “sausage.”