Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and that has us thinking about chocolate-covered strawberries. Don’t get us wrong, we love this classic dessert, but for 2022 we think it’s time to shake things up a bit. This healthy milkshake recipe is simple and nutritious from the vitamin c-packed strawberries, but also bursting with rich chocolate flavor. Double the recipe to share it with a loved one or prepare it as written as a way to show yourself some love. Go ahead and treat yourself—you deserve it, and not just on Valentine’s Day.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries (frozen will make the shake much thicker, but both work)
- 1 frozen banana (make sure banana is ripe before you freeze, the riper the banana, the sweeter the shake)
- 1 cup plant milk of your choice (oat milk adds creaminess, soy milk adds protein)
- 1 date, pitted
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips of choice (we like dark!)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips in and pulse a few times—just enough to break them up a bit.
- Serve in a tall glass and enjoy! Sprinkle more chocolate on top if desired.