The end of summer heralds the arrival of the wonderful apples, which have been picked from the tree and are waiting to be eaten. If you have tons of apple and you don’t know what to do with them, we suggest making an apple cake. This apple-cinnamon cake tastes like fall and it’s super easy to make at home. It also tastes great with unsweetened whipped cream and iced tea on a pleasant autumn day, or as a dessert after a festive dinner.
- 2 peeled green apples, cut into small squares
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 cups of flour
- In a bowl mix the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, honey, and nuts.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar to a firm and fluffy foam.
- Add the oil and flour slowly and gradually.
- Add the mixture of apples, nuts, and cinnamon to the flour mixture.
- Transfer to a baking pan, and bake at 350 F, for around 50 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.