Looking for a unique, special recipe to try out this winter? Look no further than kugelis, a traditional Lithuanian savory potato pudding recipe. You can eat it as a main course or a side dish but, either way, it’s absolutely delicious. Check out how to make it below.
- 1 package bacon
- 2 onions
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 potatoes
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice the bacon and onions. Peel and shred the potatoes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Place the bacon inside, cover, and cook until it softens and releases its fat.
- Stir in the diced onions, cooking until soft and transluscent.
- Remove the cover and continue cooking until the mixture is a deep, golden, caramelized brown.
- Remove from heat, stirring in the butter until melted.
- Stir in shredded potatoes until well-combined. Add the evaporated milk and eggs, stirring until everything is uniform.
- Pour the mixture into a glass baking dish.
- Bake for one hour until golden on top. Cool for ten minutes and slice into squares to serve.