Dive into savory bliss with these delightful leek and cheddar bites. With the subtle sweetness of leeks combined with the sharpness of cheddar cheese, these bites are bursting with flavor in every mouthful. Perfect for parties, snacks, or appetizers, they’re sure to be a hit with everyone.
- 2 leeks
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Black pepper
- Optionally: chopped fresh herbs such as parsley or chives for garnish
- In a skillet, melt the butter or heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced leeks and sauté until softened and lightly caramelized, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked leeks, grated cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, and eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into small bite-sized balls or patties. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each bite.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven and bake the leek and cheddar bites for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the bites from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving. Optionally, garnish with chopped fresh herbs for added flavor and color. Serve the leek and cheddar bites warm as a delicious appetizer or snack. They’re perfect for dipping in your favorite sauces or enjoying on their own.