Midweek meals need to be quick, tasty, and simple to follow. Enter, this chicken casserole – offering a healthy portion of vegetables and on the table in around half an hour, this is a meal that requires relatively little prep but offers a big payout in terms of taste and ease.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Brown the chicken pieces in a pan by frying them with one tablespoon of oil for around 10 minutes.
- Drain the fat from the pan, and place the chicken legs on a plate to rest.
- Dice the onions, garlic cloves, potatoes, and carrots and fry them in the pan with two tablespoons of oil for around 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, and smoked paprika to the vegetables.
- Heat the tomatoes in a pan, and stir in the water.
- Transfer everything to a baking tray, ensuring that the vegetables and chicken and covered by the tomatoes.
- Bake in an oven heated to 350 degrees F for half an hour.