This recipe is a bit more of a project than a quick weeknight dinner, however it’s much easier that you think. These yummy potstickers are stuffed with a flavorful minced chicken filling and served with a tangy, umami dipping sauce.
To lighten the workload, get your partner or roommate involved and have a potsticker party!
For the Dumplings:
- 1 pound ground chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 thumb-sized piece of minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Around 30 round wonton wrappers, defrosted
- Neutral oil, for pan-frying (we like coconut)
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Make the dipping sauce. Mix together all the ingredients in a small bowl until they are well combined. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken with the garlic, ginger, green onions, soy sauce and sesame oil and mix well.
- Lay out your wonton wrappers on a clean surface. Fill a shallow bowl with water. Place a heaped teaspoon of filling in each wrapper. Use your fingers to moisten the edges of the dumpling wrapper, fold it in half and then crimp, fold or press the edges to create your desired potsticker shape. There are plenty of YouTube videos to help if you get stuck!
- Once all the potstickers are complete, heat your oil over a medium heat in a large sauté pan with a lid.
- Carefully place the first batch of potstickers in the pan and sear for a few minutes until the bottoms are crisp and golden brown.
- Add a 1/4 cup water and pop the lid on. Allow the dumplings to steam for one minute and then place on a large plate.
- Continue cooking the potstickers in batches in this way until they’re all cooked.
- Serve with the dipping sauce, get your chopsticks at the ready and enjoy!