Summer is finally here, and that means you can finally try all the popsicle recipes you’ve stumbled upon recently. If you’re looking for one that’s delicious and healthy at the same time, matcha manuka chia popsicles should do the trick.
This recipe was shared by Gina Fontana, who runs the food blog Healthy Little Vittles. She decided to use manuka honey because it comes with a long list of health benefits—just like the rest of the ingredients you’ll use to make these tasty popsicles.
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/4 cup raw white chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons manuka honey
- Measure 2 cups of coconut water, and warm it up in the microwave for one minute.
- Stir manuka honey with coconut water, and add the matcha powder to the mix afterward.
- Add the chia seeds, and carefully whisk them in until properly blended with other ingredients.
- Avoid the chia seeds sinking to the bottom by frequently whisking the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chia seeds are no longer sinking to the bottom, it’s safe to pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
- Place popsicle molds into the freezer, and leave them inside until they’re firm.